IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

Aesthetic proofs that involve Field Theory / Galois Theory

I am preparing for an oral exam on Abstract Algebra, especially Field Theory and Galois Theory.

Now, I'm looking for some aesthetic proofs that involve Galois Theory/Field Theory for two reasons.

  1. I may be asked to point out the basic concepts of Galois Theory and their fields of applications and consequences. Therefore it might be useful to know an non-standard example.

  2. I am just interested in the field of Abstract Algebra and I'm looking forward to find some topics and fields, in which I can intensify my knowledge.

I know already two very basic examples:

  1. The application of Field Theory to clarify the classical antique problems on Straightedge and Compass Construction (Squaring the Circle, Doubling the Cube, Angle Trisection, Construction of a regular Polygon).

  2. The application of Galois Theory to determine whether a polynomial is solvable in radicals.

Which further aesthetic proofs are there, that involve the basic concepts and theorems of Field Theory / Galois Theory? Of course, the number of such proofs is huge, so I'm looking for good examples in the sense pointed out above.

Many thanks in advance.



from Hot Weekly Questions - Mathematics Stack Exchange

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive