IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

need some insights for reading math textbooks more effectively?

Hi, I am math major undergraduate and am now in the level of taking some proof-based math courses such as analysis I/II and abstract algebra I/II in the Fall after taking CalI~III and Linear algebra.

So I read this book called Mathematical analysis by Apostol over the summer. I have done almost halfway through, and have found that those chapters covered most of the contents for Analysis series in some American universities(not for top tier schools though), so I felt some kind of achievements. I have a problem though. I don't think I hastily read it since I took almost an hour for every page and make sure I understand every line of the proof and write every theorem in my own note, but somehow I cannot do any chapter exercises. Is this normal? Is this the right way to study mathematics? I spent 30~60 minutes for every page to make sure I understand what the writer tries to say but my reading speed is very slow. Also I have trouble memorizing theorems unless I study everyday. What's an alternative way, or more productive way for reading math textbook? I don't think I can sustain this kind of study habit in the future because it takes too much time.

submitted by /u/mathguynumberone
[link] [comments]

from math https://ift.tt/2YauxC8
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive