IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

Graduate Algebra

Hi r/math, I had a question on whether I should take a graduate course in algebra next semester. For reference, I’m currently a second year undergraduate math major, and I’m finishing courses using Rudin’s PMA, Dummit and Foote (up to chapter 13), and Stein’s Fourier Analysis book. Next semester I’ll be taking courses on measure theory and complex analysis. I really enjoyed my analysis classes but I can’t say I enjoyed the algebra course very much. I was wondering I should take a course next semester using Hungerford’s Algebra. The course syllabus indicates that the focus of the first semester will mainly be on introducing category theory and Galois Theory. Although I understand Algebra is important for all branches of mathematics, I have trepidation about taking the course since I feel my interests lie strongly in analysis. For reference, I will be applying to graduate schools next year and was wondering if they like to see breadth in coursework. Thanks.

submitted by /u/anthonymm511
[link] [comments]

from math https://ift.tt/3drnkBT
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive