IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

Do you guys actually read your books?

Hi, first-year undergrad here.

For some background: I go to UIUC, a larger public uni. For math I think we're decent--not MIT or Princeton or anything, but I think most rankings have us in the T25 for undergraduate mathematics.

This semester I am taking an Individual Study/Guided reading course (1-on-1) with a senior professor at my uni. The text is Number Fields (2nd. ed.) by Marcus, from which we will be covering a small number of selections.

Originally I was pretty excited to read this, since it was recommended to me at the end of a previous math program I was in, and I've only heard good things.

But, when I asked my prof. about reading an additional section because I was quite interested, he said that would be a bit much, and that 'this is the text we use for out alg. n.t. graduate course, and they don't even comprehensively cover it.'

I already bought the physical book, though, so I'm wondering if its worth reading on my own. Or is it normal to simply parse texts as a student, rarely sitting down to mow through an entire, or most of, a text?

submitted by /u/TheRareHam
[link] [comments]

from math https://ift.tt/3n4Izy6 https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive