IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

Feeling anxious that I am not cut our for a PhD

Hi,

I'm currently a graduate student in mathematics, and I have been having a nagging feeling that I may not be cut out for a PhD. I recently posted a question sharing similar concerns. I'm also questioning my ability to complete a PhD because I don't think I'm naturally intelligent; nor do I think I have the ability to come up with ingenious ideas. On the other hand, I am definitely a hardworking person, and I like to think of myself as a hardworking student of mathematics, and I am fine just working hard to the best of my abilities.

Moreover, I think my undergrad was totally a waste of time. I studied multiple subjects, without really developing a very good intuition for those subjects. I'm completing a coursework based master's in mathematics now, and I'm starting to feel more confident. I definitely think I am a mathematician at heart, and I would like to work on interdisciplinary projects by training myself as an applied mathematician. Learning more mathematics, I suppose I will now be better able to understand the undergrad level, but I feel I have to go back to scratch and start studying physics and computer science from scratch. I feel hopeless in this case.

submitted by /u/JM753
[link] [comments]

from math http://bit.ly/2EFsJ8G
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive