IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

Arrow's impossibility theorem simple proof and explanation

I am trying to prove the Arrow's Impossibility Theorem. I was searching on the internet but there is lots of different versions. I want to prove it for this statement:

Arrow's Theorem:

Consider a set of alternatives with at least 3 elements and assume that the number of voters is finite. Then, it cannot be established a demotratic voting system satisfying the Pareto and IIA properties.

Where:

Pareto: When every voter prefers A to B, the system must also prefer A to B.

IIA: If the system choose A and not B, and one or more voters change their preferences without changing the relationship between A and B. Then, the system must not change A for B.

I tried to understand some of the proofs I found on the internet but I can't get any insight of how this works.

  • Could you give me a proof for this statement along with a simple and brief intuition?
  • Could you include some bibliography that may be helpful?


from Hot Weekly Questions - Mathematics Stack Exchange

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive