IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

What's your favourite name of a concept in mathematics?

I'm not referring to the concept itself, but its name. A good name gives intuition or just sounds fun in my opinion, or hopefully both. I'll give a few examples, that I personally like:

  • Ultrametric -- or basically word of the from ultra+something else makes me feel like I'm dealing with some superfancy concept
  • Baby monster group -- it is hard not to love that and monstrous moonshine
  • Meataxe algorithm -- why did someone come up with that??

So what are your favourite names and what's the reason?

submitted by /u/kadlicsko
[link] [comments]

from math http://bit.ly/2vvjeny
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive