IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

Is this alternating series divergent? https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I have this series and I need to determine whether it is divergent or convergent, are my calculations correct and it is divergent or am I not seeing something

$$ \sum_{n=2}^\infty (-1)^n \left( \frac{n}{2n+1}\right)^2 $$ since it is an alternating series I find the limit of a_n $$ \lim_{n\to \infty}\left( \frac{n}{2n+1}\right)^2 = \frac{n^2}{(2n+1)^2} = \frac{n^2}{4n^2+4n+1} = \frac{1}{4} $$ and since it does not equal to 0 by the alternating divergence test it s divergent ??



from Hot Weekly Questions - Mathematics Stack Exchange
GregoryStory16

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive