IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

How do you develop mathematical intuition?

Going on my 4th year of undergrad in my mathematics major and a thought popped into my head. Even after the classes I have taken so far I feel like all I am doing is rote learning to a certain extent. The exception to that so far was linear algebra ,as it was a heavy proof class, and differential equations. Other than that it was pretty straight forward.

All this rote learning feels like it has under prepared me for tackling critical thinking mathematical problems that involve multiple disciplines of mathematics. I'll read an interesting mathematical problem from a competition or book and really wont understand how to tackle it. It is only after I read the solution that it makes sense but I would have never guessed to apply some of the techniques in the first place.

Is there a way to work on mathematical intuition or does it just come with time. I plan on getting my masters in something like statistics so I want to get better at it before that time comes.

submitted by /u/AKing2713
[link] [comments]

from math https://ift.tt/3pcQb2p https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive