IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC
IFRAME SYNC

My journey (so far) in mathematics

Two years ago after watching random math related videos on YT (e.g. Numberphile) I suddenly had a strong desire to work my way up to higher mathematics. I eventually found a free online course that helped me relearn everything from pre-algebra to trig and from there spent nearly 6 hours every single day devouring the material. Next, I taught myself most of calc 1 and even part of calc 2 which then allowed me to actually enroll back at a community college this past year where I completed both of courses with an A.

Throughout my life I have always struggled with mathematics and stayed clear of any math intensive majors in college, even though I was originally interested in pursuing physics or computer science (I ended up getting a BA and then MA in Philosophy and now have lost interest in pursuing it). Reflecting on these past two years, even though I am not yet where I want to be, I am staggered by what I have accomplished. I have a passion for mathematics that I never imagined I would have. Unfortunately, the fact that I already hold an M.A. means I have some student loans and cannot jump into a grad program to further pursue my love of math. One day though I hope to get a PhD and become a professor--for now I will have to settle for free online courses again.

All in all, let this be a moral to not give up on whatever you love. And, definitely do not make the mistake of rushing your education as I did or you may end up with something you are not satisfied with. Either way, I thought I would share my story here in hopes some of your might be able to relate

submitted by /u/Traditional-Jello
[link] [comments]

from math https://ift.tt/332NqIE https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

copyrighted to mathematicianadda.com. Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget

Blog Archive